Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Several Challenges 2022-08-02

 Hello. With the card below I'll enter in the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge, Week 687 - Butterflies/Bugs


We Love Stamping, July challenge - ****Anything Stamped with the option of Hot Sunny Colours****



The other day I bought the August issue (no. 374) of the mag "Crafts Beautiful". The free gift that came with the mag was a stamp & die set of "Two Red Robins". It is a very summery set with bee/flower/apple related stamps. As I have a soft spot for bees my crafty fingers started to itch and I had to make something with the set. I had seen a YT video of Sam Calcott/Mixed Up Craft where she made a star shaped spring card (spring here is not the season but the springs between the layers of the card). I wanted to try out that design with hexagon shape as it would be perfect for the bee-theme. As I don't have hexagon dies I had to at first make templates for different sizes, then draw the shapes on the cardstock using the templates, fussy cut them out and glue them together in pairs. Between the pairs I added the springs. Before pairing the two smallest hexagons I first stamped on the smallest one the beehive and some bees and then I coloured them with ink markers. Lastly I added some Stickles on the wings of the bees. Under the largest hexagon there is a pocket for the sentiment. The stamped sentiment gives an option to use the card for any occasion as you can put the more detailed sentiment and personal message on the reverse side of the note.








 


6 comments:

  1. Loving the fresh yellow sunny colours Tina and the way you layered the card, lovely to see you at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment Brenda. Have a lovely day πŸπŸ™‹πŸΌ‍♀️

      Delete
  2. So bright and cheerful, it's a great design. Lovely to see you at We Love Stamping and Allsorts challenges, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely feedback Linby. Have a lovely evening πŸπŸ™‹πŸΌ‍♀️

      Delete
  3. What a charming hive you created! Great dimension and bright colors. Thank you for joining the Butterfly/Bugs challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Dena. Have a lovely evening πŸπŸ™‹πŸΌ‍♀️

      Delete